For over thirty years, Explore Booksellers (located on 221 East Main Street open 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.) has been a treasured spot for locals and vacationers alike. Set in an eclectic Victorian house, Explore offers a rare book section, a shaded outdoor patio and author events almost daily. “Where you’ll find not only the bestsellers, but frequently the authors who wrote them – signing books, browsing, or perched on one of the step stools we use to reach the upper shelves catching up on their own reading. Where each book-lined room offers the excitement of finding something important, engaging, enriching… a place to Explore,” says the Explore website. Can’t find the book you are looking for? Just visit their website, and order the book online.
Schedule of Events
- Monday August 6 5:30 p.m.: “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson
- Thursday August 9 at Paepcke 6:30pm. Lisa Randall “Knocking at Heaven’s Door”
- Thursday August 9 12:00 p.m. at Aspen District Theater (Women to Women): “Prague Winter” by Madeleine Albright
- Friday August 10 5:00pm at Greenwalt Tent (Aspen Institute): “End of Illness” by David Agus
- Monday August 11 at Doerr-Hosier Center: “Art of Fielding” by Chad Harbach
- Thursday August 16 5:00 p.m.: “Revelations” by Elaine Pagels
Upstairs, the Pyramid Bistro is open daily from 11:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Stop by for the perfect vacation read, grab a sandwich at the Bistro then sit out on the patio to enjoy the Aspen weather. Happy reading!